Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - why no 6th gear?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #22
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazingo View Post
You guys simply don't understand Ford.You don't know what you need but FORD DOES.A few months ago I went to a Hyundai dealership and asked for an Elantra with a 6 speed manual.And do you know what happened?The salesman looked at me and said:"No problem we got one right here,wanna try it?" I did,and 30 min later the papers were signed and the day after I was picking it up and never had a problem since.Yes ,I was happy ,but it's easy to see that Hyundai is not gonna make any money like that.And it's sad that they will probably close their doors soon.

They got to learn ,that they CANNOT give the customers what they want.If they make those transmissions available,they can't force their buyers into the automatic tranny that they should sell.Hyundai,Mazda,Dodge,... got it all wrong.Ford knows.If they say you don't need a 6speed manual it's because you don't need it,and if you buy a 5 speed ,you'll pay for it because you'll take more gasoline.Ford hasn't been in business for so long because they don't know what they're doing.If you buy something else,yes you'll get what you want ,but you will hurt these company who will suffer because they will give you what you want.

So remember this:If Ford says the powershift is what you need it's because they know so!And you say you don't like it ,it's because you don't understand and you are not a true Patriot.Keep this in mind before complaining again about a 6 speed manual transmission.