Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT Complaints Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #26
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,565, Level 53
Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
People should be complaining to their dealer where the problems are likely to get resolved. Complaining on a forum just gets you a lot of "yeah mine does that too" or "my DCT is perfect and I love it" responses.
Not always true. I got some great advice on here when I first started having DCT shudder. Someone recommended the 5 full throttle starts and agessive shifting. It worked. Only to come back somewhat after 12B37, but it's finally smoothing out again.

I think many people do come to these forums to find answers, and sometimes they actually get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
I'd rather have my testicles chopped off if the choice was that or driving a CVT.
So you're the type that has a couple of early bad experiences and then swears something off forever. CVTs seem to be steadily getting better. The new Altima's and Accord's CVTs are getting relatively well reviewed. And all while delivering the same mileage as our Focus despite them being larger, heavier, and more powerful. I still prefer a well-performing DCT or TQ tranny, but the days of widespread CVT bashing may be coming to a close....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
Almost everyone who has posted on this thread is LUCKY enough to have their BIGGEST problem be that it's annoying to hear about the DCT issues. Just be happy that you don't have any. I mean it's not easy for some of us to get help, and this forum has helped a lot of people get somewhere. So if you are so happy with your car and don't want to know anymore about the real transmission problems how about this? DON'T READ ANY threads that say anything about "problems" "transmissions" etc... and you won't have to be annoyed.
+1,000% everything here. All stuff I've said over the past 6 months.