Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Nothing but problems pt2
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #59
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthom62 View Post
I only got that link after bugging the service manager at my dealership once too often with questions about the DCT from things I'd read here. I still think they should put a copy in the glove box on every DCT-equipped vehicle as it rolls off the line.
Yeah, I've been given that paper twice. The short version and the long version. It's a little bogus to me because I knew all along the noise in my car was not normal. It got worse and worse and worse with time. I am sure some real damage has been done to the car where as if they had taken it apart the first time I complained it would have been a whole lot less expensive. Or that's my theory. What I don't buy is that the noise my car made was EVER "normal". Even at its quietest it was the exact same noise it does now... just quieter. And I agree. It all should be disclosed to someone as they are buying the car. I literally wasn't even told about the transmission woes until my car nearly killed me rolling back on a really steep hill. And YES, I realize I should have done my hw, but let's be honest, I'm not really into cars and I trusted my salesman. Plus, everything about the transmission online at that point spoke nothing but praise. Lesson learned.

As I've said before... perhaps my "normal" noise is so bad because it's an early build. I truly hope so. I don't want anyone else to go through the headache I have.