Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #1176
Boomertwo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96378
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Boomertwo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well I got my car back the same day as my previous post after 3 hours. Seems after I took it on a 25 mile trip. I was a little concerned about the passenger side spring being different (has more loops than the driver side as the tech told me). On my way back towards my apartment I took a long and twisty road and immediately noticed how the passenger front suspension felt a lot stiffer.

Now I just went on a food run and once I got back and stopped the car I noticed a light thud/pop sound when I had a little pressure on the wheel going to the right as I turned the car off. I then rocked it back and forth a little to the right and kept hearing the noise. I then turned the car back on and repeated turning the wheel only an inch to the right and then back to center and I could still hear it.

I'm going to call the service department back when they open at 8 a.m. and talk to them. Hopefully this is just something that is coming loose as the tech did a full alignment before they gave me the car back.