Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Your fault if you didn't properly understand what you paid money for.
That's a bit harsch indeed. In order to fully understand what I have paid for, it has to be fully understood by the sales people in order to them to explain it to me before I put my signature at the bottom on the sales act. Seriously, if my salesman would have told me all the quirks and behavior of the DCT, I would have purchased another car.

And oh, yeah, I did test drive twice. One time I test drove it by doing my comute back and forth. No problems. I test drove it another time on the highway, again no noticable weird behavior.

Back in october 2011 there wasnt as much information about the DCT floating around for the regular Joe that I am. The damm thing was sold to me as an automatic. I was expecting the car to behave like an automatic. Hell, the sales people were probably less informed than some of you guys.

I now understand that DCT's are becomming a new trend, so, my next car will probably be equiped by such a ''feature''. Hopefully, the next one will benefit from what Ford is going tru right now. My previous car had a CVT with a shifttronic feature. The thing was solid, smooth and deliverd as expercted. I'm NOT bashing Ford or ALL of the Focus's around. Mine isnt just going well and is a source of frustration and worryness. It's hard to swallow when you shed 29K for a car that doesnt deliver.

Oh and by the way, I did the air filter swap last weekend. Didnt see any change in the behavior of the car. Weather is slowly getting fresher and cooler, so the car boggs less and seems to better perform in cool weather. DCT affected by heat/cool...I think not. It must be sensor related or something else. My uneducated 2 cents about my issues: It looks like the trottle message from the gaz pedal doesnt go correclty to the engine.

We'll see. I'll be happy to report back when someone at Ford or my dealer finds whatever is wrong with Gertrude.

/end rant