InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Not really. The "channel" here is "Third Generation Ford Focus (2012)" and there is plenty of discussion of these issues in earlier threads. You're not reaching a new audience by starting a new thread. Starting new threads about the same issue only serves to make information harder to find for people who take the time to search for it.
If you look at the frost page of this forum right now there are two threads relating to transmission noises, one being the hopeful sticky that betadnb created. If you search only this forum for transmission, you get a page with 25 results, only 3 of which are actually talking about the transmission. I don't think that having a new thread really hurts the search, as the search returns a ton of results that are irrelevant to the search itself.

Now on the other hand if I bought a Focus two weeks ago and I heard it make a transmission noise, and I came here, it would be refreshing to see a post on the front page concerning the transmission, and maybe even having the same problem as I am.

Please do not misunderstand me, I'm all for having a stickied thread where this can all be discussed as a replacement for making new threads. As long as Ford sees it. But until a thread on this matter is stickied, new threads are a good way to make this problem known and hopefully addressed.

I knew going into that analogy that someone was going to poke at it