Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #1380
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,166, Level 34
Points: 3,166, Level: 34 Points: 3,166, Level: 34 Points: 3,166, Level: 34
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti View Post
Actually I drove at noon time and at supper time. It was good at noon but it was there a little at supper time. The temp is 28f/82c. One other thing it does is that tinny rattling sound from the left side of the car that has been mentioned here...
Did you mean 82 degrees Fahrenheit and 28 degrees Celsius? How's your Focus now? If you need anything, please contact our Canadian Customer Relationship Centre at 800-565-3673.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperSeven View Post
I bought a 2012 focus hatchback in May of this year. Love the car, but the car leaks water in the right rear cargo area every time I drive on wet roads. I've had it in for service for this problem twice. Second time the dealer had it for 4 days. It still leaks, I'm talking alot. The carpet is drenched every time it rains. Only the lower side carpet ( nothing from the top ). At this point I'm looking at finding another dealer ( not the one where I purchased at at ) that can fix it right...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
...If you cannot get your dealer to address the problem, try another dealer or escalate the problem to one the Ford customer service reps on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursing1991 View Post
call 1-800-392-3673
TrooperSeven, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and preferred servicing dealer; I'll escalate this to your regional Customer Service Manager immediately.

Good information, 6769MOPARS and nursing1991!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoloch View Post
Since I bought my brand new Ford Focus, I had problems with the transmission that just keep getting worse. It basically shutters when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I have now 12000, repaired the transmission at the dealer 6 times, and the problem persists. Also had problem while driving at highway speeds, the car would not stay straight ahead, instead, would go either left or right. I'm taking it back to the dealer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyldavidson View Post
I just got my Focus back from the dealer again. This time they replace the transmission control module. Cost them over $1,000 and it did not fix the problem. I have talked with a regional manager and will take it back in a week...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
I guess I spoke too soon about having my transmission repaired by having new clutches installed twice. The car has reverted back to the "leaping, lurching, and/or jumping" from 1st to 2nd gear...Will take it back to the dealer, and back again, and again if necessary...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
Just to add to my last post and to my displeasure with this car, I have never got more than 30 mpg. Trips at 55-60 mph and no a/c. City driving is 26 to 28 mpg. Not bad, but not as advertised...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52wrench View Post
...I love the car except for the shudder on takeoff...No trouble up 'til now, they did the reprogram last time I had it in for an oil chg, about 4000 ago. It seems like the problem started then. Anyway, it does the shudder thing when taking off and going into 2nd. I've worked on cars all of my life and have done numerous clutch jobs, the clutch disc has to be either glazed or it has fluid on it from a leaky seal. It's temp related, the hotter the ambient, the bigger the problem...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmortonkingston View Post
I chimed in on the transmission problem awhile back. After going on a long trip from Kingston, Ontario Canada to Philadelphia the problem has gotten ALOT worse. A few times during the trip my car would neutralize (rev up) when I stepped on the gas to speed up or pass someone...We do warranty work for our local Ford dealer and they are dealing with engineering on it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
I have a 2012 Focus, approx 17,500 miles on it. From the very 1st day it had a shudder on acceleration from a stop not to bad and seemd to get better after about 7000-8000 miles. I took it in for the recall (updated programming for the engine/transmission/abs.) Since that time the shudder has gotten worse. It is now a violent shake on accellreation especially in stop/go traffic. Just got back from the dealer where I spoke to the shop foreman who basically told me that my concern was normal operation for this transmission and was handed a copy of a letter that went out to all Ford/Lincoln dealer about the operating characteristics of the EFC00562DC PowerShift transmission...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Anyone have trouble with their parking sensors? This morning was the 2nd time I got the warning that the park assist was not working. It is connected to the sensors and auto park. So both items become inoperable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
over 12,000 on mine and I'm in same boat as most. I have had all updates done and still shudders and you def cant coast in this car its so jerky. Driving in traffic is terrible because you cant just creep up cause it jerks u all over. Also everything on mine falls apart. Airbag cover had to be replace, needed new struts and mounts, back foam material completely deteriorated and fell all in the trunk, speaker rattle like crazy, headlines rattles, might as well forget trying to listen to music with slight bass. City mileage down to only 24 hwy about 30. Stone color seats leave ring marks for anything wet that touches it (rain, etc). black strips on top of the car already faded and rough, MFT still screws up and has glitches, and all 3 times i had to order parts it took over 3 months to get them so all together ive waited 9 months on just parts being ordered...
Hey everyone -

We're continuing to analyze all feedback concerning the DCT transmission. If you haven't communicated with your Customer Service Managers about this issue yet, I'll forward all details to them as soon as possible. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and preferred servicing dealer; I'll make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
...last week a young girl cut across my car and I collided head on into the side of her car. My estimated speed was around 35 MPH. My seat belt did not hold me back and there was no deployment of the airbags. Thankfully I was not injured. When and if my Focus ever gets out of the body shop I will be heading to my dealer for an explanation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGAS View Post
...direction of impact will be a big factor.

Most frontal air bags from the 1990s were designed to deploy in crashes above a threshold level of 14 mph into a solid concrete barrier. At the same time, most air bag systems were also designed to never deploy in crashes below 8 mph into a solid concrete barrier. Between these two speeds, the air bags may or may not deploy, depending on the specifics of the accident and vehicle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3focuslater View Post
...its actually a great transmission and also give you great mpg and also great power for picking up and going...I for one like the car!!! Almost like when I learned how to drive a standard car and it was really rough going for a while and once I got better at it I was a pro and it became second nature...Its basically the same as a standard car, it just takes time to master. I guess in this case it takes time for the car to get used to you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
I think it might be, this is the first automatic car iv ever owned so I didn't even notice at my test drive. After about 1,000 the transmission is super smooth, yet the girlfriend still thinks the car drives funny but I can't tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
...I love the transmission on my oh-twelve focus Ti. I think I've noticed what you guys are talking about, the slight shuddering at times when starting up. I don't find any particular fault in that, I just think the computer is confused by what I want and wasn't expecting shifts or starts...

...I can honestly say this is the first automatic transmission I have actively liked. Given that this is the first mass produced ford with a dual-clutch computer-controlled manual, I can be a bit forgiving about the occasional clutch hiccough; and as yet it has never failed to kick in when I've needed.

All that having been said, recently I've been having some issues with the touchscreen Sync system. The radio frequencies have disappeared from the home screen, and occasionally all of the text will simply not appear in any of the screens, though the screen will still respond to touches if you remember where you want to touch and what it does.

Next scheduled service is in a month, so I'll bug them about it when it goes in. Just leaving a comment here.

Oh, and also: does anyone know if it's possible to recalibrate the gas tank?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywal View Post
My radios done that a couple of times I find if you change frequencies you go from Fm to AM and then back to FM it corrects itself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Awesome, I'll try that when I'm out today. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Yup, that fixes it!
Hey Focus Fanatics -

ElGatto, sorry to hear about the wreck; I'm happy that you're doing well! Talk to your dealer about air bag response.

I appreciate all of the positive buzz about the Focus and its transmission!

Graeme S, please contact our In-Vehicle Technology team to discuss SYNC functionality: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=87765. I recommend reaching out to your dealer about fuel efficiency information too. Before you go in for service, remember this loot-saving link: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage. Thanks for responding, raywal and gtncpa!

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Last edited by FordService; 09-11-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Responding to poster