Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Nothing but problems pt2
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #35
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Points 986, Level 16
Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw View Post
Damn that noise is horrifying. Hopefully you can trade in and get ST instead ;-)
How much extra must the customer pay because the customer did not cause this problem, and is well documented amongst many (albeit to differing levels)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
My question is why is this on a public forum to begin with? This seems like a problem between a customer and service provider that's being dragged out for the public to see. We all know we don't need another DCT problem thread around here.
Why not? Benign or not, is this not an insignificant issue, surely?

And where is the line between "for the public to see" and not? I can think of issues that don't need to be told so loudly, but to be fair - this is the transmission, a vital component to the car. Not an ash tray... benign or not, and if it becomes less benign and a pattern of people having problems over time increases, then it's definitely something the public MUST know about. I'm sorry if some people disagree, but the ethics are in how a company deals with a problem. It would be far more unethical to keep everything buried as you seem to allude to and pretend there's no problem... But Ford seeing, acknowledging, and fixing, the problem, would only add - and add much - to respectability. Since we all know that people make mistakes. Trying to hide the problem is almost as low as it gets. I'd rather work with people and support companies that act ethically.