Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #199
04RedSVT5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102469
What I Drive: 2004 Infra Red SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 04RedSVT5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Toms Tune,

After scouring the forum for hours I decided on Toms tune, this was the first time I had ever done an ECU tune to a car so it was all quite new to me. There is actually quite a few things that need to happen to get set up and make it all happen smoothly. The most important piece is having a good tuner on the other end of things especially when it comes to the SVTF and with Toms multiple years experience and 100s of cars tuned I was in very capable hands.

What was really helpful for me was Tom actually logged into my laptop "remotely" as if he were sitting in the car with me, he showed me how to set the data logging up, save files Ect while on the phone at the same time. He has outstanding patience dealing with all the questions that come from a first timer like myself. He really took the time to make sure I got the right tune for my car.

I data logged and installed a total of 3 tunes till Tom and myself were both satisfied with the results and he asked that I touch base with him if I had any problems and to check back with him in a few weeks to let him know how everything was going. Tom is definitely not the guy who sells you a tuner/tune and leaves you hanging in the wind. He makes darn sure you get what you paid for and I can't imagine asking for more than that.

Now let's get to the good stuff. The drive ability of the car has improved dramatically, honestly "pre tune" the car was not even fun to drive. It was gutless out of the whole so bad in fact I was sure I could not tolerate it for any length of time and that's what got me hunting for a resolution in the first place. Post tune this problem is completely gone thank goodness and the drive-ability of the car is greatly improved. More power across the entire power band, much smoother, smoother idle, easy starts. The car is actually fun to drive now.

My impressions all in all are: if you drive an SVTF Toms tune is a "must do" and he really takes care of his customers that also include free updates for life as long as your car is naturally aspirated not to mention your car will have a renewed spirit! You just can't ask for more.

Thanks Tom!