Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #1204
5spdti
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102203
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 5spdti Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Titanium Mileage

I have a 7 week old Titanium with a 5 speed manual transmission. My travels are mixed - 60% highway and 40% urban stop and go. From the beginning, the car has yielded very good tank by tank mileage with a 2,100 mile average of approximately 34.8 miles per gallon (hand calculated). The trip comuter calculated my mileage a little higher at 35.3 miles pergallon over the life of the car thus far. Overall, I would say that the car is exceeding my fuel efficiency expectations. I may be a ringer, however, as I traded-in a 2010 Toyota Prius for the Focus and had a 2007 Prius before that one. Once you learn basic hypermiling techniques you end-up driving every car with these habits seemingly forever (can't shake the habit). I rented a 2012 SE with a DSC automatic in June and I got a trip computer mileage output of 41.3 miles per gallon on a 262 mile highway trip. I loved the car (and the mileage) and it pushed me over the top to buy one. Bottom line is if you drive your new Focus correctly you can meet or exceed the EPA mileage estimates easily. The car is designed and capable of excellent mileage.