Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 owners Post your MPG's
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #1202
zak404
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89335
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Se Sedan Sport

Points 264, Level 5
Points: 264, Level: 5 Points: 264, Level: 5 Points: 264, Level: 5
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 zak404 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit293 View Post
No offense, but this seems like a rather bizarre statement-- perhaps a bit too apologetic to the Focus. The Focus was absolutely designed for urban life, and that should include proper mileage as well. Just about all cars can achieve decent highway mileage-- even a lot of muscle cars with large displacement. The ability to deliver efficient performance in city driving is the true test of a car's mileage-- a small car like the Focus should absolutely be expected to deliver fairly good city mileage.

Also, I'm not sure why you are comparing to hybrid cars. The proper comparison should be to the real-life MPG of its gas rivals: Mazda3, Golf, Impreza, Civic, etc. I haven't done the research on these cars real MPG, so I actually have no idea.

For the record, I've only owned my SEL hatch for about two weeks, so I haven't really gotten a good handle on its mileage. So far, the trip computer has appeared to have settled on a bit under 25 mpg, in fairly lousy city driving conditions. This is a little disappointing to me, but not outrageously so, and it's still quite a few ticks better than my old car.

Cheers.
The Focus isn't as small as it once was. I owed a 2001 and a 2007 both were very tinny and noisy compared to my 2012. I looked at the rest Mazda3 (the happy face car) as well as the rest and think the new Focus is far superior.
I am very happy with my mileage as it is better than the last two Focus and has more power.
About 30 MPG in the city but our rush hour doesn't compare to major cities so maybe that is why mine is better.