jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
Man I really hope your transmission stays quiet, but mine was dead quiet until about 3500 miles. Up to that point I couldn't even hear it with the windows down in a parking garage, but after 3500 miles I started noticing some grinding noises while shifting between first and second.

Now, with almost 6000 miles on it, the grinding is very pronounced, although not as bad as what the OP is experiencing.

It is 110% BS when they say the noise is normal. First off, my DCT was dead quiet for a few thousand miles. Second, nothing mechanical can make that kind of noise and last. It's obvious that things are not meshing properly. Does anyone really believe that a manual transmission would last 100,000 miles if someone ground the gears every time they shifted between first and second?

I couldn't agree more. The car does not shift right (at least mine doesn't) and it's only a matter of time before it destroys itself. Ford will have a huge problem on their hands when that happens. I wish it didn't have to come to that. Enough of us have complained to our dealers, then to Ford corporate... and I'm sorry but their Customer Care people were HORRIBLE. They told me they basically didn't care and when I asked for a manager... there was
apparently no one above the Customer Care people. Sounded bogus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoy2k View Post
Don't listen to the guy. Every time I drive my car I drive it hard and it makes the noise.

Sent from my MB860 using FF Mobile
Good to know! It almost seems unreal that you could bring your car in with a problem and the company says to "drive it harder and maybe you won't hear the noise." You have to laugh sometimes... because this situation is a drain otherwise.