feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseC View Post
The Basic Sync cars only have a single USB. I have a iPod touch which I can connect via Bluetooth (used for podcasts) and the hard drive (used for music, since I can't fit all my music onto the Touch.)

The cheapo MP3 player is a very old Sansa. It's useful for Library books because even though those have a DRM time limit (they are "checked out" for 2 weeks) I can listen to them indefinitely because the cheapo player doesn't have a clock. Very useful when trying to get through the 37-disc-long "Game of Thrones" books- I'm not in the car for 40 hours in 2 weeks.

The other reason I use the line in is because if you plug it into something to access via the USB, it "forgets" where it was when it was just playing. I'll often drag it out of the car to listen while I'm working, and it's no fun to try to fast-forward through 70 minutes of audio, not to mention you have to remember what disc you were on and where you were.

Anyway, I just ran through the "version check" process on the SyncMyRide site, and it reports I have "Gen1 - V3.1.1" which, as best I can tell, is the latest for my car.

There are a lot of very unhappy people over at the "SyncCommunity" board: http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=4014

After reading through that, I doubt that I will ever see an update for this car. It would be nice if Ford gave a little more insight into what was the latest version for each vehicle and system.

Disappointing that Ford does not seem to be providing updates for real bugs in the system. I guess, like all software companies, they'd like us to move to the "subscription" system and just buy a new car every year. I plan on keeping this for a good long while. The car I traded in was a 2001 Focus wagon with 163,000 miles.
:/ That's unfortunate, sorry to hear that. Yes it seems, sadly, that Ford, like many software companies do, is deciding to forget about the older Sync system and instead focus more on the MFT and it's future, although that so far has been very hit or miss as well...

Best of luck to you though, hopefully they come around :)
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117