View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #1373
Irish60
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103690
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Irish60 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have a 2012 Focus, approx 17,500 miles on it. From the very 1st day it had a shudder on acceleration from a stop not to bad and seemd to get better after about 7000-8000 miles.
I took it in for the recall (updated programming for the engine/transmission/abs.) Since that time the shudder has gotten worse. It is now a violent shake on accellreation especially in stop/go traffic. Just got back from the dealer where I spoke to the shop foreman who basically told me that my concern was normal operation for this transmission and was handed a copy of a letter that went out to all Ford/Lincoln dealer about the operating characteristics of the EFC00562DC PowerShift transmission. I've been a automotive technician for over 30yrs and an ASE Master Tech for 25 of those years. I don't consider this violent operation of the transmission to be normal. He also told me that it may take awhile for the Powertrain and Transmission controllers to relearn the adaptives. I have full understanding of what adaptives are and mind you it's been 2000 miles since the updates were performed. Maybe my vehicle has a learning disabilty. I agreed to drive the vehicle for a longer period of time to see if it gets any better. I truely hope that Ford comes up with a fix for this concern (IE: the correct programming) before this turns in to a Lemon Law case, because other than that we do really like this car.