Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Nothing but problems pt2
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #27
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
Okay guys, just for you I made my own video on my way home today. Starting off from a stoplight all the way through 60mph. The key is there are NO SOUNDS at all. Very smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxmLC_4Fg1k
Man I really hope your transmission stays quiet, but mine was dead quiet until about 3500 miles. Up to that point I couldn't even hear it with the windows down in a parking garage, but after 3500 miles I started noticing some grinding noises while shifting between first and second.

Now, with almost 6000 miles on it, the grinding is very pronounced, although not as bad as what the OP is experiencing.

It is 110% BS when they say the noise is normal. First off, my DCT was dead quiet for a few thousand miles. Second, nothing mechanical can make that kind of noise and last. It's obvious that things are not meshing properly. Does anyone really believe that a manual transmission would last 100,000 miles if someone ground the gears every time they shifted between first and second?