Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - NUMEROUS 2012 Ford Focus issues... someone please help!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
[QUOTE=B-lou;4346332]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Well obviously because so many people have died from driving a new Focus.[/QUOTE
You obviously have not been making a left turn into oncoming traffic when the car just decides to just quit going foward so until it happens to you (numerous times) just shut up.....and how many people died because of the design failures of the pinto before ford had a recall.....and we wont even go into the design failures of the explorer cause that was firestones fault........B-lou
I don't know how you're managing to confuse the car right before a turn such that it will fall flat on its face. Every single time I've made a left hand turn at the base of the freeway off ramp on to city streets with any sort of desire to accelerate after slowing down or coasting down the ramp are met with the car holding onto the current low gear and pulling quickly and smoothly around the corner. If I'm too agressive with it it will give me a chirp of wheel spin during the event, but never have I found myself stuck and hoping that it would make up its mind under those conditions. Maybe mine just works better so far, but I doubt they are all as bad as you claim.

Of course I try not to have to tear the tires from the wheel if possible, but it can and will light them up going around a corner.