Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Locked key fob in the car !!!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #29
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Technically that's a different situation. When you're in the car you've closed the door and started to drive away, the car then locks and cannot be opened from the outside unless you unlock the car.

This is a little bit different than when you open the door and step outside and then go to lock the door with the car key inside you don't want it to lock unless you have the key with you.

In one scenario you want the car to lock and remain locked (and it does). In the other you might not want it to lock without you having the key with you.
I can think of many different scenarios because I watch too much tv. Imagine this one.... It's just like a movie.

You are running for dear life because someone is trying to kill you. You get to your car and try to start the engine. The engine doesn't start. It just turns and turns but never starts. Your first reaction is.....to lock the doors. At least it might give or buy you some time to figure things out.

So, if car is not running and fob is in car, you are screwed. Anyone can open the door.

Now wouldn't you prefer to have the door locked instead and not be able to unlock it?

I know, far fetched story but still...