Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - A lonely SVT doing well at Nationals
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #25
klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

Points 12,547, Level 73
Points: 12,547, Level: 73 Points: 12,547, Level: 73 Points: 12,547, Level: 73
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zewerr View Post
Though, it was only my first trip to Nats, I was originally disappointed in the results. I was hoping to run out of there with a new red jacket, lots of new tires and contingency winnings, and my picture in the next Sports Car. But after I reflected on it, I'm still pretty happy for a podium finish.
I had similar hopes driving the purple dodge neon in FSP, sadly I didnt fare anywhere near as well as you! 11th out of 16 (my co-driver whose been racing the neon for 5 years placed 6th)

Being the only SP car at nationals still on stock shocks probably didnt help our chances (they came with koni yellows from the factory but we didnt have coilovers)

I kept walking by your car on Wednesday hoping to stop and talk to you but never saw you! are you actually running AST shocks? how do you like them if so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecugrad View Post
Nice vids Bill, those courses are just wildly different than anything we get to see locally. Its almost like a totally different sport!
Thats exactly right!

local events for me are between .5-.75 miles long and typically average 60-75 second times. both the east and west course were a full mile long and we saw times in the low 60's on the west course! and high 60s on the east. which basically means the west course was twice as fast as I'm used too

Its an extremely tough learning curve in a car you've only done 5 runs in prior to nationals.

and those slaloms were 30 paces cone to cone vs the 15 paces at local events. I literally had to unlearn how I slalom and just go WOT through them while holding on for dear life!

Either way congrats on showing the focus can still be competitive nationally!
'99 Triumph Daytona - Death Machine