Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #1369
dmortonkingston
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101171
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium- Black

FF Reputation: 1 dmortonkingston Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I chimed in on the transmission problem awhile back.
After going on a long trip from Kingston, Ontario Canada to Philadelphia the problem has gotten ALOT worse. A few times during the trip my car would neutralize (rev up) when I stepped on the gas to speed up or pass someone.
When we take the car on the highway for approx 20-30 min and pull off and come to a stop, as soon as I accelerate it shudders immediately but then seems to be ok afterwards. We will have dinner, jump back on the highway to come home and will do it again when getting off the highway and coming to a stop.
I also have a bad chatter when it shifts into 2nd gear.
I am not stupid when it comes to transmissions, my husband has been buidling them since he was 12 (family owned shop) and I have worked here with him for 10 years.
We do warranty work for our local Ford dealer and they are dealing with engineering on it. They have a Fiesta with the same transmission pulled apart due to a leaking seal that has dumped fluid on the clutch system, they are NOT AVAILABLE here. Since they only have one holder for the car, I am stuck waiting. We do not want to have them sub the job to us since we have no information on them and do not have the holder.

I love my car but this is starting to make me crazy. We want to take a trip to New Brunswick, but I do not want to be stranded on the way there. We have a brand new Mustang 5.0L but I don't really feel like breaking the bank with gas to drive it there. Not when I pay a good chunk of change for my car.

Sorry for the rant.