View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Brabs_Weather thank you very much for your help. I bought my new 2012 Focus on a whim. I am a partner and co-inventor in a new technology we are launching. I had just received the results of tests which far exceeded expectations and decided to check out the Focus. I had been impressed with the direction Ford had taken in terms of design and quality since Alan Mulhally took over as CEO. I have also long been a critic of the lack of quality in domestic cars that was driving sales of imported luxury cars, in particular German and Japanese cars. When I test drove a Titanium I was totally blown away. I decided right then and there that I was going to celebrate by buying a Ford. One of my complaints was that I wanted more options than Ford offered including some that were offered on other Ford models. The choice in Ford Focus accessories is also limited. I started buying those that were available including the cargo tray. This is when things started to go sideways. It would have been so simple and easy when I contacted Ford customer service in Canada had they checked the VIN I provided and told me my problem was probably related to the 18" wheels. BTW, it looks like our Foci are very similar. I also got the sport suspension and other sport options which makes me wonder why there isn't a Titanium S option. The single exhaust pipe on a fully loaded Ti sucks. Why does Ford have duals on every other model? The black pan is a separate part. So I can probaby swap out an ST pan and exhaust pipe assembly. Hopefully I will resolve the cargo tray issue today and get on with enjoying my Focus. Thanks again.