Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
I asked my Ford parts department to check the Ford part number. They did and confirmed it was the correct part. Thinking that this was a lapse in quality control I immediately emailed Ford Canada to advise them of a potential problem. Since Ford represents that their Genuine Ford Parts Fit Perfectly they potentially had a case of misrepresentation, a fairly serious matter. Ford Canada's response was to throw the dealer under the wheels of an F-350 by stating that it was the dealer's problem and that I should resolve it with them. Wow, this has to be Ford's best kept secret. Your Ford dealer, not Ford Motor Company, apparently makes their own Genuine Ford Parts in the back of the deal. Whodda thunk?

So here I am in a Mexican standoff, out $145 for cargo tray that doesn't fit and is useless to me. Ford Canada says "Not my job" and my dealer won't manufacture me a new tray that fits. So I sent a registered letter to Dianne Craig, CEO Ford Canada thinking that being a woman she would get on it asap. But I have never gotten so much as an acknowledgement.
Who told you that women are better at following up on something?

I think it depends on the individual rather than just their gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
A few minutes ago I read a thread that might explain my predicament. From what I understand the cargo area is higher in Foci with 18" wheels because of the full size spare. I knew it was raised but thought it was like this in all Foci. The result is that both the regular and subwoofer cargo trays are too long for the cargo area. The problem is that if this is the case Ford never bothered to tell anyone, an even worse case of misrepresentation.

At first I was shocked by the apparent lapse in quality control. Then I was annoyed by Ford's response, in essence "Quality is not our job". If I am right about the 18" wheels I am really upset because it turns out that it was Ford's problem all along and had nothing to do with my dealer. Someone please say it isn't so. I am ready to file a complaint against the Ford Motor Company, its officers and directors on behalf of every Focus owner with 18" wheels with the US FTC.
Nothing to do with your dealer??? They could have informed you (their customer) of the obvious (the tray isn't going to fit properly with the full sized spare tire) and saved you from your big dilemma.

People aren't perfect. That's why it's better to do your homework (before purchasing anything) and be an informed consumer.