Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #112
Bolto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101615
What I Drive: 2012 Plat White Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Bolto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Since I'm getting fed up with idiots who don't know what the DCT is...

YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

It is two manual transmissions being shifted by a computer. Still acts like a manual, just no clutch pedal.

No torque converter means no parasitic suck that all autos have, this won't be as smooth.

Go ahead an buy Japanese. The only car remotely competitive with the Focus, Cruze and Dart is the Mazda 3 but hey, don't let me tell you that the Mazda 3 is just a cast off previous generation Ford focus platform employing car. If you like paying for 5 year old tech go ahead.

There is a good reason the Japanese are losing in comparison tests. Hell, the 3 domestics get more comparison time against each other than they do with the Japanese. Car and Driver put the Fpcus ahead of the Dart, Inside Line did the same against the Cruze when the car launched.

Unless you like paying for so called Japanese engineering. Japanese engineering gets me crap interiors, crap design and crap value. All new cars so warranty and resale value mean nothing, I don't buy cars thinking ill be selling in 5 years I buy them based off what's the best value and for any scenario the Focus keeps winning.

Sorry you've had "issues" but the Focus is still 10 times the car that anything from Japan can muster.
Wow, I love my focus, but you come off as a total fanboy. I haven't had any major issues with my focus at 16k miles, and I hope that it doesn't for the next 5-7 years that I plan to own it, but its long term reliability is entirely unproven.

I don't see myself ever owning a civic or corolla in their current forms, but I can understand why people buy them - they are very reliable, if totally boring cars. For some people, having a reliable appliance is all they need, so no need to hate.

To answer the original question, I think ford will try to do right by the focus. Ford has too much at stake for people to be questioning the reliability of one of their best-selling and most well-known vehicles. Ford does not want to go back to the days of "Fix Or Repair Daily."