Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #99
lptousig
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103592
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 lptousig Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I also own a 2012 SEL Focus and this is the worst car I had. My friend was about to buy a Titanium. I told him all the problem I've been going thru with the transmission. After a road test he finally decided to stick with Japan manufacturer. I had a Honda, 2 Acura and Mazda and I never experienced such problem. The transmission is very rough, shake a lot at start and sometime almost stop when I start. And now it's making terrible noise when it shift in 2nd. I saw people posting on youtube the sound transmission makes when shifting in 2nd. I am use to keep my cars up to 300,000KM but I don't feel this one will last that much. I am now at 44,000Km and it just gets worst. I when to the dealer they try to fix it but nothing as changed. I like the car, great looking hatchback, good finition and it stick on the road but transmission problem on brand new car is a major problem and it's not what I expect from a brand new car, it's not acceptable. I wanted to support american job and economy but I should have stay with Japan Mfg. Very dissapointed.