Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Factory Headunits compatibility to aftermarket???
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
03smoovfoci
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 28692
What I Drive: 2003 Bright Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 03smoovfoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
Had an aftermarket single din JVC in my Kona. Want to swap over into my zx5 since Kona is totaled. The Kona had the Ford cd player but the zx5 has the Blaupunkt head unit. Was wondering if anyone knew if the used the same wiring harness so I could just readily swap over the JVC?? Not to knowledgeable about this stuff so if they are diff then ill have a shop hook it I guess.

Thanks
Nope. The Blau is a completely diff Harness. It requires the following parts if you are moving to single DIN :

I just did this today. I had to replace my Blau with an aftermarket due to it shorting out. Here are the part numbers as they just came in the mail and i just installed mine. I will post pics later. FYI i have a 2003 SE - Sedan SPI

Metra 70-1784 Harness Kit - It's for VW 1980 - 2007 (never understood why this is this way but it is and it's awesome.) Works perfectly.

Dash Kit for Single DIN (NEW MODEL) - Metra 99-5806 - Single DIN with Storage Slot (be careful with this one as it doesnt' use Keys' if you wish to remove it. The simple removal is to use flat thin screw driver and insert them above where the trim ring fits, and then pop off the trim ring, and remove deck. DASH KIT Stays in car)

Metra 40-VW10 - Universal VW Antenna Adapter for rear connection

and the standard FORD Key to remove the stock deck from the Car.

Let me know if you need help. I have been doing Mobile Elect. for 12 years as a MECP.

Thanks