CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
It is nice to see they added an interior trunk release button. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about this car...I have an SEL sedan and it is just so odd to not have a trunk release button inside the car.

However-

That is the WORST spot for the button! Imagine driving highway speeds and you accidentally press the trunk release instead of the fog light button? What were they thinking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge Podge View Post
Not sure about sedans, but on the hatches, the struts are setup to push the hatch shut until it's more than roughly 1/4-1/3 open. Somewhere around that point, they go over-center and start to push the hatch open.

So even if you were to hit the button, and assuming there is no override that locks it out while in gear, it's probably not going to fly open and eject stuff in a James Bond fashion......the potential as an "anti-tailgating" device is worth considering however...
I don't think the button placement is a big deal, actually that's a clever spot without changing much of the interior. It's most likely wired so you can't use it while the vehicle is in motion so if you fat finger the fog light button you don't pop the trunk.

BTW the sedan trunk is spring loaded so it pops open (pretty damn quickly might I add)