Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Goodbye to a GREAT car. . . .
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
wigman1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63490
What I Drive: 2006 Red ST & 2004 White ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 wigman1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Took a VERY hard hit, I was sitting still with my left directional on, she was probably doing 30mph or so - no skid marks so she hit me full-on. Driver's seat back bent back a little, neck a little sore but otherwise ok. Hate to see the car go, about 60k on the clock, didn't have a scratch on it, and it ran like crazy and was probably the best handling car I ever owned. It lived its' entire life against the rev limiter, on the 5th set of sticky rubber - the BF Goodrich's were the best, by the way - and I never had a mechanical problem with the car other than an engine problem when it was brand new, which Ford promptly took care of. I know the old SVT Focus guys look down at the ST, but this car was great and very practical for the street. Plus it would smoke most other small sedans at the stoplight without a problem. I will miss this car . . . .got the check in the mail from Geico yesterday, so ready for the new ST when it gets here. . . .

Wig