Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Mountain Run, Anyone?!
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #11
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

Points 7,729, Level 58
Points: 7,729, Level: 58 Points: 7,729, Level: 58 Points: 7,729, Level: 58
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumr90 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile
Where exactly is this run happening.
To a road near you!

We actually saw a motorcycle club doing the exact same thing we were up there scouting for; I've found them on the web too. They run a different route than the one I chose so we will have a good portion of it (mostly) to ourselves.
I wanna keep the route under wraps until I can get concrete dates for the end of construction and the road opening up again. There's a number of farms real close to the road, one of them less than 20 feet, and a gaggle of loud/modified vehicles could really raise hell.

I'm not saying we couldn't all be respectful and responsible; but I'm afraid of one rogue ass hat going up there and souring the area to cars running past their livelihood... The area is gloriously devoid of police: and the need for them.

My plan is to meet and roll out for a day as a group. As I said in the first post, there will be members from multiple forums and car clubs attending so we won't be alone. There isn't much traffic there.