suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by svt1391 View Post
Drove one yesterday finally. I thought it was wonderful but I could def feel its weight in the turns and I was expecting it to be a little quicker. But the seats..so damn comfy! Isn't worth $420 a month imo. Very nice car though
It wouldn't cost $420 a month if you put down enough $$$ though. If you really wanted the car and could afford to make it happen, e.x. putting down 50-60% of the price up front or maybe a bit more to lower the payments, or just save and pay for the whole thing in cash. It's not really responsible to take out a large loan on a depreciating asset, although we do it all the time anyway.

The clutch is feather light but is kind of an on/off switch iirc, but the car drove so damned nicely that once I got used to the clutch and the layout of the 6 forward gears to end up in 3rd when I wanted and 5th when I wanted and not cross shift, or going from 5th to 6th instead of 5th to 4th.

If I hadn't already bought my MK3 I'd have had to seriously consider at least an ST1 if not an ST2, but I really didn't want MFT.