Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - So about them steeda motor mounts...
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #28
wesley4x4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88765
What I Drive: 2002 silver SVT

Points 809, Level 15
Points: 809, Level: 15 Points: 809, Level: 15 Points: 809, Level: 15
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 wesley4x4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmfocus2 View Post
Wesley4x4 purchase the steeda mount from us. His mount failed only after a few months of use. He did purchased the upper Steeda mounts at that same time from us when he bought the Steeda lower mount.

Steeda did replace the lower engine mount under warranty for him. They shipped the new replacement to us. We accepted it back for credit. Wesley used the store credit to upgrade to the CFM lower engine mount instead. He went with the stiffer race bushings.

The CFM lower engine mount uses one piece bushings on both sides. The bushings are much stronger for this reason. The CFM mount will last much longer. Bushings do wear, but no way should it only last a few months. It should be long time before someone needs to replace any bushings.

I seen a few of the VF and the Steeda mount where mainly on the transmission side the bushing will work itself out. We do not have this issue with our cfm one.
Yes CFM and steeda both helped me out big time still loving that new beefed up lower mount!! They are running a special now two steeda upper mounts and that CFM lower mount for only $400 I would buy from CFM agin such great customer service.