Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Any interest in headlight modifications?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #127
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
Of course. I was referring to the comment above suggesting that they might be a $2000 factory option. I think it would be less than or around $1000 as a standalone option, although realistically, it should only be $500 or so.

Of course it's much more expensive buying the parts outright... However, each multireflector headlight only costs around $250-$300 factory, so $1800 per headlight assembly is a bit steep without the bulbs, ballasts, or controller.
Quote:
It should cost far less for them to do it at the factory, maybe charge no more than 2k for both lamps installed bundled with other features such as MFT or something. Not just a stand alone option for 4k.
The comment was that like on the ST its only available as a part of a nearly $4000 options package, not that the hid assemblies would be a stand alone option for $2000 or so. I.e. in order to get one thing you want you'll have to buy a bunch of other things you may or may not want or need.

The stand alone options comment was referring to how one would have to buy everything ala carte after the fact to make the system work rather than only paying the price differential for the housings, bulbs, ballasts, etc.

If the bulbs are a $1000 upgrade and they bundle it with MFT and something else I can see that easily making a $2000+ options package just like on the ST, which is a bit steep and bundles things together that not everyone would want or enjoy.