Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffv View Post
I have tried every combination of suggestions on this page and my dome lights still do not consistently turn on when I unlock the doors with the remote or open the door. Sometimes it works, other times, only the ambient lighting goes on.

Just out of curiosity, a question for those experiencing the same problem, did you at some point disconnect the main battery terminal?

I disconnected the terminal to reset the date. It was one day ahead and I read that I needed to disconnect the terminal to fix the date. This worked in fixing the date but I wonder if it somehow messed up the lighting?
We're definitely talking about trying this only in low light correct? Because the 5th printing of the 2012 Focus manual doesn't specifically mention it but I think that due to a light sensor, the dome lights only come on in low light. The ambient lights are the same and along with the dome lights will not come on if the dome light "off" switch is activated. If that's the case, if only checking them after dark and they're still intermittent, I think your FoFo needs some dealer attention. I did "reset" my car unintentionally as I had an incident where the whole car was dead and I put pressure on the + battery cabling and power came back. It didn't affect my interior lighting though.