1sloho
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspitts View Post
I have Tom's tune and want to throw this out and see if anyone else has these issues with Tom's or anyone else's tune. My SVTF had a tune on it when I bought it and I got Tom's tune around the beginning of this year to see if I could get a little more out of the car short of going FI. After loading the tune, the car runs 100% better off the line but has the following problems:

1. Every now and then, when I push in the clutch when coming to a stop, RPMs immediately drop off and the car stalls. I pulled the IACV and cleaned it out.
2. When cruising at 50 - 60 mph, car has a definite stutter almost like a plug is misfiring.
3. Car throws a CEL. If I remember correctly, it was P0133 having to do with the upstream O2 sensor.

I finally went back to the old tune and don't have any of the problems with this other tune. After running the old tune for a few months, I tried reloading Tom's tune yesterday and problems 1 & 2 immediately came back. I am not taking anything away from Tom because I love how the car accelerates with his tune and he has been very responsive in trying to address these issues. Unfortunately, nothing shows up on a datalog to indicate what is causing these issues. Since I would love to go back to running his tune, has anyone else had similar issues for which they have found a solution? Thanks.
Have u datalogged with tom? If not, all u have is his base tune that he gives to everyone. To take full advantage of his tune, u need to datalog with him as everyones car is a lil different.