Old 09-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
GrndZero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9630
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 3 GrndZero Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
NA power improvment questions

I have looked through some of the questions on here and I have a few. This is what is going on currently.
2002.5 ZX5
ZF dog bone.
SVT Header/Cat
Focussport exhaust with silencer
Pre-2000 intake manifold
FC TB
Volant intake - both entrances opened.
SCT flash 91 octane tune.

What would be my next step and a round about cost? I understand labor would be different in most case, just a rough estimate or link to parts. I have someone that is really good on labor and really good at working on the car.
He mentioned a port and polish.

I see a lot of adjustable cams comments, I am only familiar with what I have replaced in the past so anything I have not touched before, I am a virgin on.
I do not want to go with a UDP since I want all my accessories.

The car right now is running very well and I love the power it has but I would like more. This is my daily driver baby with 106k on the dial and I want to keep it a daily driver.

I have been thinking of getting a new ST but I would like to know my options before hand since I really like the look of mine more.

If I go with a turbo setup, I will just end up going with a new car. Not sure I want to invest 3.5-5 grand into the car and the wife doesn't understand those kinds of things. For some reason a new car is justified but spending 1k's less is not.