Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Cruise control issue.
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #32
ERT_PaYnE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103487
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE Hatchback

Points 7, Level 1
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ERT_PaYnE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have had the same issues with my cruise control. Took it in the first time and they claimed there was a short in the "set+" button so they replaced the cruise control assembly. It worked fine for a while but it went back to doing the same thing. I dropped the car off at the dealer on 8/27. I hadn't heard anything from them as of yesterday (9/4) so I called and left a message for the service manager. The service manager never called back yesterday or this morning so I tried back again today. While I didn't get to speak with the service manager, I was told that they were waiting on parts on back-order. When I asked what the parts were... the ENTIRE steering wheel AND Airbag... I guess that should fix my issues??? I'm just glad it's still under warranty. I can't imagine what a repair like that would cost out of pocket. Something seems wrong when a car has had repairs equal to almost a quarter of its value after only one year... I'm just afraid things like this will keep popping up in the future :/ I will let you guys know what happens.