Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How can i get around 200 hp
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

Points 7,681, Level 58
Points: 7,681, Level: 58 Points: 7,681, Level: 58 Points: 7,681, Level: 58
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
A light weight fly wheel does have some pros and cons and you will have to weight them. In theory you can rev faster because you have less rotational mass... that being said it also stores less energy so you have the potential to "loose" energy when shifting.

I am not sure in the pistons and rods from the SVT. I think your trying to skirt on the edge of what can be done and are falling on the side of do not's. Do you have a link or rule or anything from the organization for the class you are trying g to stay in?

Bigger valve springs won't exactly let you rev higher (there is also no need since the power band on the focus ends around 6300 RPM but your revs are more limited by your oil pump). The valves are usually a very good idea when going with larger cams. But none of that stuff is "stock"...

Unless your able to say Ford Racing parts are allowed and can find some of there stuff k. The for sale section. They use to have springs and cams but no longer sell as new. Likewise they also sold brake conversion kits and suspension kits... if that could be considered "stock" that's the way I would go. And get a Tune from tom!

Are you able to run race fuel? 110 octane?

Also is he really going to deck the block? So he doing a full engine rebuild?

Iminhell: how much would you deck it? 0.030"? At what point does it become an interference motor? Why not desk it less and use a thinner head gasket? This is for my own research....
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)