Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #1357
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80943
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE/ Black/Sync/Auto/Moon

FF Reputation: 1 3focuslater Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Not to be insulting to anyone, but I wonder if this condition is related to driving style. Drive your Ford like you're a teenager until the clutches wear in. I'd even be happier if it took more miles to "break-in" because to a car nut like me that means the clutches will have more life. If the car never stalls- then it's not a problem even if it feels like it's going to stall, it still doesn't, so ok- right?
I agree, I am not easy on my cars and I have over 1000 miles on mine and for the most part its very smooth. It took a bit of time, but it feels great now. I think cause its a new thing that people are not really used to a car that acts like this. once you drive it more and get used to it and the car also gets used to you.. I am sure you will see its actually a great transmission and also give you great mpg and also great power for picking up and going... I for one like the car!!! Almost like when I learned how to drive a standard car and it was really rough going for a while and once I got better at it I was a pro and it became second nature. This is the same just without the manual aspect. Its basically the same as a standard car, it just takes time to master. I guess in this case it takes time for the car to get used to you ...