Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SE Sport owners, sign in!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #122
Wildsailor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102694
What I Drive: 12 SE Sport Sedan - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 3 Wildsailor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The best value for a DCT equipped car was the SEL 300a with or without the winter package, the SE 203A DCT sport cost within $150 but wasn't as well equipped.

However you can get disk brakes on the SE in 2013 but either with the SE SFE package same as in '12 with the steel wheels and aero covers, or on the SE appearance package for close to 3k more.
Ah yes, thanks for the correction. I went through the configurator and looked at what was in the SE Appearance Package and it clearly says rear disc brakes. I was concerned since I was looking at 2013 SE's with the package and the top of the sticker says Front Disc/Rear Drum ABS Brakes and the package details on the sticker do not mention rear disc.

Still, that package is nearly 3,000! You do get leather seats, ambient lighting, etc with the package selection. You can also now get MFT and NAV in an SE.

All in all the 2013 SE's look to be more expensive and the Titaniums less expensive than 2012.

I am liking my Sterling Gray SE Sedan so far. I opted for one with the Convenience Package, the Sport Package, Winter Package, and Moonroof. Sync I linked to my Palm Pre II and works pretty slick for handsfree calls on the road. I only have 200 miles on it so far and the average FE is already over 30 MPG (started off at 11 when delivered and has been climbing all along). The DTE still says 205 miles so I would be tickled if I get over 400 miles to tank in mixed city/highway driving. This car spoils the driver!