kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayGlow View Post
I've never tried, but letting off the brake does the DCT creep forward? I know when the DCT came out for VW one of the complaints was that the 'auto' didn't creep. If Ford tried to make this transmission creep that could cause a lot of the low speed shuttering as its massaging the clutch to creep forward.
Yes it does creep, mine always did even before 12B37.

If you haven't experienced the violent shudder or "jolt" that I and many others have reported, you can't understand how abnormal it is. Many are reporting a shudder / jolt miraculously went away after 12B37, others are reporting it unmiraculously appeared after 12B37. These people are presumably driving pretty much the same before and after 12B37, i.e. not all of a sudden employing tricks or massages to get the shudder to all of a sudden go away or appear.

My violent launch shudder appeared with about 500 miles on the clock and gradually disappeared after 5 hard launches at about 1500 miles. The changes had nothing to do with any updates since my first update was 12B37 with over 5,000 miles on the clock. The car drove noticeably worse after 12B37 but has gradually gotten back to the way it was.

And my shudder only happened after 20 minutes or so of suburban driving (i.e. after the tranny got hot). I didn't all of a sudden change my driving style 20 minutes into my commute. I have seen several others on here report this same thing.

All of this tells me this is a software (i.e. adaptive learning) issue or a hardware (clutch pack) issue. It is NOT a driving style issue in my opinion, as just about everyone who has been lucky enough to not have the shudder / jolting problem insists it must be.