Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Those not happy with the 12b37 update
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #64
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Thanks for the counterpoint. I'm sure it's not a widespread problem or we would have heard about it in the auto blogosphere by now. But I can see some bad cars creating negative perceptions at certain rental outlets.
It's because of the way they've been driven. The DCT has to be "programmed", because it's a learning transmission module. The more you drive it, the better it learns. If 10 different people all drove it within the first 2k miles the programming is probably all over the board. Good chance that's the reason the shuddering exists.

DayGlow: Yes it creeps. I didn't have this problem before the TSB, which is why there was no shuddering when letting off the break, but now it does so. It almost pulses in the way that it engages/disengages the clutch. Not very smooth, and probably the reason people think it's crap. It's just like holding the clutch at the friction point in a manual car and tapping the gas. It's borderline stalling the car but giving it enough gas to keep going.

It's annoying, and would be an easy fix, but there's not much we can do.