Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #678
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
I never use my rear wiper - they just end up collecting dirt over time and then scratch the glass when used once in a blue moon. I also removed the rear wiper on my last hatchback because I never used it.

For the Focus, I find the rear defroster plus a little Rain-X works pretty darn well at maintaining rear visibility while driving. The auto-sweep function served nothing but to anger me after driving home in the rain with the wipers on, only to have the rear wiper sweep when reversing into my parking spot, dragging all the freshly-accumulated grit and dirt across the rear glass exactly when I didn't want it to.

Besides, if I'm going to clear the front window of snow and ice, why wouldn't I manually clear all the windows of snow and ice?
Wait, you live in SE PA and you never use your rear wiper? I live in Cleveland I use it all winter long...it's basically a necessity. Without it, I have no chance of seeing out of the rear window efficiently. No amount of Rain-X will keep all of the dirt from splashing up onto the window in a bad way.