Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What neat tricks and tips have you've found since owning?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #676
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Or you could have just cleared the front window of snow/ ice first at least enough to be able to back up/ out of the spot without the wiper coming on, couldn't you?
I never use my rear wiper - they just end up collecting dirt over time and then scratch the glass when used once in a blue moon. I also removed the rear wiper on my last hatchback because I never used it.

For the Focus, I find the rear defroster plus a little Rain-X works pretty darn well at maintaining rear visibility while driving. The auto-sweep function served nothing but to anger me after driving home in the rain with the wipers on, only to have the rear wiper sweep when reversing into my parking spot, dragging all the freshly-accumulated grit and dirt across the rear glass exactly when I didn't want it to.

Besides, if I'm going to clear the front window of snow and ice, why wouldn't I manually clear all the windows of snow and ice?