Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Z-plan falling through; where do I stand?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #18
spittle8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103378
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE w/ Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 spittle8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I don't mean to argue, and I don't doubt that your grandfather worked for Ford, but if you and the dealer signed paperwork that turned out to be false because you didn't have the z-plan pin before going to the dealership then the fault lies with both parties. You for not actually ensuring that you had proof of eligibility and the dealer for being in such a rush to sign the paperwork and close another deal where they essentially sold the car at a decent profit + padded the bottom line with extra cost options.

I made sure that when I asked my living grandfather who had retired from Ford many years ago for the pin that I had all my ducks in a row, my drivers license, address, and everything all matched perfectly and I had my pin before I even set foot on a dealer forecourt with the intent to buy/ order a car, with a specific car /configuration in mind.

I did however go in first to check and see if I really liked the color I was thinking of since they did have a similar one in stock. However it was not equipped properly and was too old (it was a Job 1 car from 11-11 or 12-11, where as I wanted a Job 2 car with the full compliment of upgrades, plus it would be fresher.) There were none within a 100 mi radius as far as I could tell that were exactly what I wanted, so I ordered one.

You might be stuck with the car at the price agreed to, and the dealer might have to eat the commission, or you'll have to pay it back, I'm not really sure how that will work.
Oh, I don't disagree at all - I dropped the ball and was uncharacteristically uncautious and irresponsible. I let myself be played, but I never lied about my qualifications, I just let myself be convinced it would be simple. My wife & I had just given up on a used car search and she relented to buying new, so I rushed through it all.