Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Another SGM MKIII Build Dyno Thread!
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #57
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,671, Level 95
Points: 24,671, Level: 95 Points: 24,671, Level: 95 Points: 24,671, Level: 95
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
How many people that don't run at 3.8K+ RPM want an HP increase from an intake? Let's face it, this engine is peaky and designed to give maximum performance at 3.5K+ RPM. Why, then, would you not want the intake to offer the most gain at those RPMs?

Shortening an intake tract, which is in effect one thing these short-ram intakes do, usually results in improving high-rpm HP and reducing low-RPM torque.
Well, I guess I could have been a little clearer on the intent of my thread. I don't overly care how any of this data shows. I have inexpensive access to a dyno and I'm not afraid to beat on my car for some data. If an idea arises that has some merit, I am usually willing to give it a shot and my opinion.

I understand that people who want RACECAR would like the intake. I even stated that those who spend time above 4k would like the intake. But I ultimately try to cover as many angles as possible, to include power, fuel mileage, cost, etc.

The main reason that this intake was so kindly passed to me was to collect data that could correlate to fuel mileage. That is why I stated and have been stating how it would affect the average driver.

And as an fyi, the K&N intake actually lengthens the intake tract from the MAF sensor on. What occurs before the MAF is pertinent, but even removing the top of the box doesn't produce this size of a gain on the top end.
2014 FiST-