View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #11
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Have you guys verified the reported MPG vs actual measured MPG? I know I'm only 3 fill ups into the car (less than 1k miles currently), but the computer has reported everything from 28.9 to 29.5, with measured ranging from 28.5 to 28.7. I know in tracking previous vehicles (Current A4, and old Yukon) in consitency between reported and measured I found that there is a very small window where the reported is accurate. The A4 is around 22mpg, and gets further off the further away you get from that number, the Yukon was around 16mpg, again with the error getting greater the further you moved away from that.

Point being, do we know that the K&N ACTUALLY lost mileage, or did it only REPORT worse mileage? Just curious, as it's also on my radar for future purchase, and all of my financial justifications for the new car purchase (that I didn't really want to make) are based on 30mpg, and $3.50/gal. So if it indeed drops the measured mileage 3mpg, I'll steer clear. I'm already hoping the mileage comes up a little to that 30mpg mark that seems to be the Fuelly average mpg numbers.

BTW, here's a link to the data I've collected on the Focus so far.
2kwik4u Fuelly - Focus Page