Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The car you love to hate....the build thread.
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #165
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

Points 33,913, Level 100
Points: 33,913, Level: 100 Points: 33,913, Level: 100 Points: 33,913, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Ok got up early this morning to make the hour.5 trip to the parts yard to finally pick up the zetec......

It rained the whole time, luckly I also braught my GPS. Cause his couldn't find the address and mine was already preprogramed.

When we got there they was closed!! Althought I called them twice friday to make sure they was going to be open and the engine would be ready. Luckily the front gate was open and a couple of the guys was there working on a Deloren for the owner who has two of them. So they was more than happy to help us out. I found the engine on the floor. Next to a pile of parts that they let me help myself to. I got the intake/MAF/airbox, negative/postive wires, trans harness, and lower engine cover. How ever because they was unaware of my arrival they engine harness and ecu was still on the car, so I requested them to ship it to me and I am calling tomorrow to make sure they get it to me.

While we was talking to them me and my friend daryl helped or selfs to the Deloren neither of us have ever seen one in person.

Daryl in the car, I'm the second pic. I tell you what I've sat in lots of midengine cars in my life and this was by far the tightest cockpit ever. (thats what she said!)

Once we got the engine in the truck we stopped at mickeyDs for lunch. It was still raining.

Two hours later we was back at my friends house and the focus got to see her new heart for the first time.