Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Owners What's your age?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #139
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
I just turned 68. The only domestic cars I have ever owned have been Fords. My first car was a 1966 Shelby Mustang. After that my next Ford was a 1976 Econoline E150 van. I bought it for my business. I didn't buy another Ford until 2000 when wife talked me into buying a new 2001 Focus ZX-3. In many ways the Focus was way more fun to drive than my Shelby. After I installed a good set of tires I could hang it out in corners at insane speeds. The ZX-3 Focus was fun to drive but a little tinny for my liking. This past June I was driving past a Ford dealer and just stopped in to check out the 2012 Focus. I took a Titanium for test drive and I was in love. The 2012 Focus is a hundred times better than my 2001. I bought the most loaded metallic white Titanium that the dealer had ever seen. I don't think there is an option that it doesn't have. I am now adding accessories. I had a few issues with the DCT. But my Ford dealer sorted it out and I love it now. I would never buy a manual transmission car again.
It sounds like you are pumped about your new Focus, I am too ! I find the DCT makes a few "noises" around the neighborhood at slow speeds, but really ROCKS when I open it up. The DCT is a great match to the Duratec engine.

Enjoy !!