Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy77 View Post
take it back and get a manual
I think I'd take a HUGE hit on that, enough so that I would lose my entire down payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Ford actually specifies 10k mile/ 1 yr oil changes on semi synthetic oil. I wouldn't like to push it beyond 7500 mi at least without doing an analysis first though.

You don't need a scan tool to reset the oil light, just a sequence of standing on the gas and brake pedals with the key on, engine off (i.e. press start with no foot on the pedal, then stand on both pedals for 25+ seconds).
Now I feel lied to, cause that's how I run diagnostics on my titan too. Although I feel a bit better about doing oil changes now once the maintenance plan runs outs. I think I forgot to mention that even without the extended warranty, the drivetrain is warrantied for 100k due to being certified used. So really it was closer to 2,800 for the extended warranty and service plan (also includes gap insurance I believe). I guess the service plan is worth some money for materials, and I was told the interest rate difference was equivalent to about $1200 as well but I didn't do the math myself (I was starving by the time I got out of there and my girl was nagging me to go get food heh)

Oh, and I convinced them to give me $1000 trade in for my beat up looking geo metro. When I drove it to their lot the next day and got out the guy looked at me like "oh my" and said..."We don't want that!". I just laughed and said "I know you don't want it".