suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
Basically they told me that I will not be wanting to work on this car because the electronics are too complex and I will mess it up, which made me pretty much get up out of my seat and say "then this isn't the car for me".... But somehow they pulled me back in... On the bright side, getting the extended warranty lowered my interest to 2.09% only .4% difference, but that sort of discounted itself a bit. By the finance managers math, if I include maintenance, the warranty is a wash over the life of the loan, but I'm not so sure.

I'm also skeptical about only changing the oil every 7500 miles or so, and NOT using synthetics!?

I'm used to doing my own maintenance, with synthetic oil and good filters like a K&N or Mobile1, so I'm really second guessing my decision to let for take care of it for me. I do admit that oil changes on cars are not as easy as doing them on my truck though, since it requires jack and stands, but at least i know it's done right and some newb isn't going to strip my drain bolt..
Ford actually specifies 10k mile/ 1 yr oil changes on semi synthetic oil. I wouldn't like to push it beyond 7500 mi at least without doing an analysis first though.

You don't need a scan tool to reset the oil light, just a sequence of standing on the gas and brake pedals with the key on, engine off (i.e. press start with no foot on the pedal, then stand on both pedals for 25+ seconds).