Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #220
gzrfun
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93746
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE 5spd HB Sport

FF Reputation: 1 gzrfun Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
to fordcustomerservice: what build dated do this cover? I have a 2012 SEL with a build of 07/12 and it suffers from this same steering issue. The steering feels nice and tight, but on the highway it will all of a sudden drift left or right and i feel like i constantly have to steer. It feels like when you drive a truck with wider axles/tires than most cars and it tries to track in the grooves in the road from normal cars. I thought maybe there was a learning curve with the steering like there was the trans.
You need to have the service dept. check your VIN# to see if the TSB applies. A red flag is if they have no knowledge of the TSB, so give them the TSB#. This was the experience I had and the sevice advisor wanted to dispute that the car had a problem and then said all it needed was an alignment. The service dept. manager finally said "if there is a TSB that deals with the problem, then install it". It still took a month to get the parts and the help of the Ford CSM I was referred to by Thomas to get the problem fixed.