View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
vluc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10803
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium, Ebony

FF Reputation: 1 vluc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I was reluctant to put mine in once I bought it, but did anyway. No issues or problems for me save the filter fell off, but I fixed that.

My only problem with it was the drop in mileage I saw from using it (from the drop in/flap cut/snork removal), and that difference was not worth it to me.

Sound was nice, throttle response improved over the improved response from the mods. But dropping from 36 mpg to 33 with highway driving on my daily commute was a deal-breaker for me. So when I saw all the dyno info that dyno85 was generating, I saw it as a perfect chance to get real life/real time data on how this intake did compared to stock and to mods, so I sent him the intake for testing. Dyno85's results speak for themselves.

So you have some choices - do the mods and get a heckuva good response for less money, or drop the dollars, get a really nice intake that sounds great, performs well in the upper ranges and looks cool under your hood.

I like K&N, had a typhoon in my 2007 Focus and mileage went up in that one (from 30 to 33). My expectations may have been too high based on that previous experience. I will say that if I had maintained the mileage rate I was at with this new K&N, that intake would still be in my car and never would have gotten tested!

Now it looks like the newmission mod will give me what I am looking for.